Today is the last day of the annual Sunshine Week, a "celebration of access to public information." While you contemplate our gloomy spring weather (at least west of the Cascades), check out these Washington State sunshine laws and resources:
- Public Records Act, RCW 42.5
- Open Meetings act, RCW 42.30
- Office of the Attorney General’s Open Government site, which links to two brochures: Obtaining Public Records and Denials of Public Records.
- The Municipal Research and Services Center's topical pages on public records and open meetings.
- Washington State Bar Association, Public Records Act Deskbook: Washington's Public Disclosure and Open Public Meetings Laws, KFW 462.5.P8. P83 2014 at Reference Area.
Interested in actual sunshine? Well, we may or may not have sunbreaks this weekend, but the UW cherry trees are in bloom on the quad and worth a look no matter the weather.