Monday, February 2, 2009

What About Law Librarianship?

Have you ever wondered about law librarianship as a career?

I first thought about it when I was a law student and heard one of my school's law librarians speak, but I didn't do anything about it for a long time. Three years out of law school, I talked to several law librarians (informational interviewing!) and then got a temp job in a law library. I was hooked.

I wrote an online article about law librarianship back in 1999 after responding to several email inquiries. This last summer I updated the article: Update to Choosing Law Librarianship: Thoughts for People Contemplating a Career Move | LLRX.com.

If you want to know more, come talk to us. The UW has a terrific law librarianship program, and the Gallagher Law Library has a lot of good librarians to talk to.

No comments: