Written by Vikram David Amar and Greg Miarecki (University of Illinois College of Law), these tips are specific and practical.
If you don't have time to read the post, browse this short version of their ten tips:
- Exhibit a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Don't be afraid to come in early and stay late.
- Focus on the larger unit or organization.
- Do and show your best work.
- Communicate and interact in a manner appropriate for your audience.
- Seek out new work assignments and new work experiences.
- Request feedback, actively but tactfully.
- Show respect for everyone, including the clerical staff. [and the librarians!]
- Get to know people in the office.
- Always maintain a customer-service mindset.
Although these tips repeat what you might have already heard, they are handy reminders. And may you shine as brightly as the summer sun!
Image source: tiny buddha