This new Washington State Bar Association deskbook is a mammoth accomplishment, logging in at 800 pages.
It compares Washington's Rules of Professional Conduct with the American Bar Association's Model Rules. The volume is full of references to the rules, court opinions, and secondary sources.
- Authority to Regulate the Practice of Law
- Admission to Practice and Unauthorized Practice
- An Introduction to the Rules of Professional Conduct: Their Purpose and Limits
- Defining the Attorney-Client Relationship
- Competence, Diligence, and Communication: The Essential Three
- Conflicts of Interest
- The Rules of Advocacy
- Fees and Trust Accounts
- Law-Firm Marketing
- Maintaining the Integrity of the Profession
- Lawyer’s Responsibilities for Assisting in Access to Justice
- Law-Practice Organization, Management, and Sales
- Legal Malpractice and Other Theories of Lawyer Liability
- Disciplinary System
Congratulations to Tom and Rob for creating such a substantial and useful resource!