What? You didn't realize that there are hundreds of law librarians? Yes indeed; thousands, in fact!
Today, with over 5,000 members, the Association represents law librarians and related professionals who are affiliated with a wide range of institutions: law firms; law schools; corporate legal departments; courts; and local, state and federal government agencies.The librarians will be attending programs on a wide variety of topics. Here are just a few program titles:
- American Indian Law: Access and Collections, featuring our own Bob Anderson
- Copyright and Digital Images: "If It's on the Web, I Can Use It, Right?"
- iCame, iSaw, iConquered: Our Year with the iPad
- Lifting the Veil: How to Effectively Research Foreign Customary Law
- Respect for Marriage: Equal Protection for Same-Sex Couples in Washington State and Before the U.S. Supreme Court, UW Law professor Peter Nicolas is speaking
- State Constitutions: Current, Historical, and How They Change
The UW School of Law and the Gallagher Law Library are hosting a reception for the Academic Law Libraries group on Sunday evening. We expect about 300 people and are looking forward to showing many of them our beautiful Library.